Four Score Card Game for Math
: 6+ years / 1st grade and upNumber Of Players:
A fun, fast-paced, family game that will help young learners practice and improve all kinds of mathematical skills, including:
- Number recognition
- Letter Recognition
- Word recognition
- Symbol recognition
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Direction following
- Left/ right concepts
This simple yet fun game takes almost no time to learn and set up. Within minutes of opening the box, young learners can be ready to compete and play for the win.How To Use It:
What’s In The Box:
- Each player is dealt 4 cards and tries to make a complete set of the four different forms of the same number (i.e. numerical form, in word form, in tally marks, and in base 10 blocks).
- Quickly, players must pass a card to the player on their left and receive a card from the player on their right.
- Passing continues in this way until a player has completed a set (the same number in 4 different forms) and announces “Four!”
- That player has won the round, and a new round begins.
- The first player to win a fourth round shouts out “Four Score!” and they are the winner.
- 80 playing cards, each with a number from 1–20 in four formats (numerical form, in word form, in tally marks, and in base 10 blocks)
- An easy-to-follow instruction sheet tells you all you need to know about how to set up the game, how to collect card sets, and how to win.
- This game was designed by teachers for parents (and kids!). It makes for an entertaining and educational addition to Family Game Nights at home.
- Teachers can use this game in the classroom to make small-group work a time of learning and enjoyment.