Applies the latest theories and research on best practices in teaching and learning and the content standards developed by states and professional organizationjs. While keeping the environmentally based approach, it clearly defines the teachers' vital tole in connecting content, teaching and learning for preschool children.
- Child development and learning theory and how it is applied throughout the curriculum
- Goals and objectives linked directly to a valid and reliable assessment instrument (The Creative Curriculum Developmental Continuum for Ages 3-5)
- Features a total of 11 interest areas
- Strategies for meeting the needs of second language learners and children with disabilities
- Specific guidance on the teacher's role in teaching content in literacy, math, science, social studies, the arts, and technology throughout the day
- A wide range of instructional strategies-from child-initiated to teacher-directed learning-to respond best to children's strengths and interests and the material being taught
- Guidance on building children's social competance, teaching social problem-solving skills, and responding to challenging behavior